Audio as a service is a highly promising technology. However, making audio production scalable programmatically is a fairly new approach to media creation. This is why we love to spread the word and educate developers, enabling them to build amazing things with audio tech. And so it was only logical for Aflorithmic to join forces with Strive School, a coding program for future software engineers.
What is Strive School?
Founded in Berlin, Germany, Strive School is a Y Combinator company on a mission to train the next generation of software engineers in Europe. Their approach is to help their alumni become a Web or AI developer, and pay once you get hired.
If you are over 18, attracted to the world of technology, have maybe even already taken your first steps with some coding videos on youtube, and want to develop skills that are future-proof, Strive School is for you. You don't need to be an experienced programmer already but having a passion for technology or science (or creativity!) certainly helps. It is not necessary to know English perfectly, but you do need to know the basics to be able to interact with colleagues from all over Europe.
How Strive School is using API.audio
We introduced our product api.audio to Strive School as a powerful AI-audio platform in their toolstack. Now, students are using it to develop their capstone project - a group effort that serves as a final demonstration of what they have learned.
There are two reasons why we think this is amazing: First, audio-as-a-service is being introduced to the next generation of software developers and second, we as Aflorithmic are able to watch students work with api.audio. In fact, we are in direct contact with the teams. This allows us to learn from the students how they think about audio, while at the same time being able to give them advice whenever it’s needed.
The results are innovative developer projects like this one. The team consisting of 4 students created a tool that allows you to take any text you want, run it through a summarizer and create an audio digest out of it. Sort of a Blinkist for audio:
Sven: Sven Skyth Henriksen
Paramveer : Paramveer Singh
Alessio: Alessio Recchia
Dilan: Kanishka Dilan Udawala Hewage
Daniel: Daniel Biman
This is exactly what we were hoping for when giving over api.audio into the hands of developers. Api.audio serves as an infrastructure allowing you to create the next generation of audio. At your fingertips, you have a full suite of powerful features:
- Use one of 350+ synthetic voices in 40+ languages from 7 major providers including Google, Amazon Polly and Microsoft Azure as well as custom-built voices in one api
- Implement sound designs and effects created to support your story and turn speech into a full-blown audio experience
- Run a fully-automated mastering chain to make your audio sound like a professional studio production
- Use parameters to automatically create thousands of versions of the same audio in seconds, addressing listeners by their names or using their location in order to engage with them
- Mix recorded audio parts with synthetic speech for an extra-diverse and dynamic audio experience
- Use real-time audio generation to enable conversations with digital avatars that feel real
- And much more to come…
Strive school has been an incredibly helpful partner for Aflorithmic, not only for product development, education and adoption. We also ended up hiring a student who has now become a cornerstone of our machine learning development team. Looks like Strive School’s approach works like a charm!
Do you want to know more?
- Api.video + api.audio: Localize Advertisement Videos with Personalized Voice Overs
- Introducing: The World’s Largest Artificial Voice Library!
- Creating Personalized Audio Ads
- How To Create Engaging Voice Over For Your Video
Aflorithmic is a London/Barcelona-based technology company. Its api.audio platform enables fully automated, scalable audio production by using synthetic media, voice cloning, and audio mastering, to then deliver it on any device, such as websites, mobile apps, or smart speakers.
With this Audio-As-A-Service, anybody can create beautiful sounding audio, starting from a simple text to including music and complex audio engineering without any previous experience required.
The team consists of highly skilled specialists in machine learning, software development, voice synthesizing, AI research, audio engineering, and product development.
About Strive School:
Strive School is the European online tech school that invests in your education. Become a Web or AI developer, and pay once you get hired.